Have a spare Xbox controller? Use it! In this guide, I will share with you that how you can use an Xbox controller with android devices. So, let’s get started.
Mobile gaming has evolved into a distinct game genre unto itself. Mobile games come in a wide range of genres, from basic puzzle games smothered in adverts to entertaining shooters based on well-known game franchises.
Many games may be played with a controller, greatly improving the experience.
You may save money by forgoing the purchase of a separate controller for your mobile games if you already possess an Xbox controller.
Here’s how to utilize your Xbox controller to improve your gameplay on Android-based devices.
Which is better to use Xbox controller with Android devices?
Now let’s discus about which is the better Xbox controller with Android devices.
Xbox Wireless Controllers and Xbox 360 Controllers are two Xbox controllers that work with Android-powered smartphones. For the Xbox One, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series X consoles, the former are controllers.
The simplest Xbox Wireless Controllers to use with an Android mobile are the more recent models, especially the Bluetooth models. With Bluetooth controllers, all you need to do to get started is link your smartphone with the controller.
Bluetooth controllers perform best, yet non-Bluetooth controllers will still function in a pinch since Google included Xbox One controller compatibility with Android 9 Pie.
You can still use an Xbox One controller or an Xbox 360 controller with Android smartphones even if they lack a Bluetooth connection. The procedure is just a little bit more difficult.
How to use wireless Xbox Controller with Android phone or tablet?
Requirements to use xbox controller with android devices:
- A Bluetooth-enabled Android handset running Android 5.1.1 or later
- An Xbox One Bluetooth controller
Link an Android mobile to your Xbox Wireless Controller
- Turn on Bluetooth and access the settings. Several methods exist for doing this. Swiping down is the quickest method to get your quick-access menu options, and holding down the Bluetooth button will bring up the Bluetooth settings. Alternatively, you may go to the settings on your phone and look for the Bluetooth choices there.
- To make sure your Xbox is powered on, press and hold the sync button on the controller’s top left side until the Xbox button begins to flash. The controller is in Bluetooth pairing mode as soon as the LED begins blinking. At this moment, it is prepared to connect to your Android smartphone.
- Return to your Android device’s Bluetooth settings and link the Xbox One controller with it. The list of available devices that are close by and ready to connect should include the Xbox One controller. Press Scan to look for the controller if it is not listed here. The Xbox button will be flashing while the device is in pairing mode; when it stops blinking, the device has been linked.
- The controller should start operating right away, depending on your phone or tablet. Use your smartphone’s buttons and directional pad to experiment with the system.
- Play your preferred game! Many games are ready to be played with a controller right away and don’t need any extra setup. In the settings of certain games, you may need to convert from controller input to touch screen input.
There is a simple technique to determine if your Xbox One controller has Bluetooth capability. If the region surrounding your Xbox button is made of the same plastic as the rest of your controller, your controller supports Bluetooth functionality.
The Xbox button lacks Bluetooth functionality if it is a distinct piece (and color) of plastic. The Xbox Wireless Controller in the picture above will be Bluetooth-capable.
On an Android smartphone, how to utilize an Xbox 360 controller
If you wish to utilize an Xbox 360 controller or an Xbox One controller that isn’t Bluetooth, the procedure is a little more difficult. Naturally, it’s still feasible. If you already own the controller, it can be less expensive to customize it than to buy a Bluetooth controller.
- An Xbox 360, Xbox One, or Xbox Core controller that is connected or wireless.
- An “on the go” (OTG) cable.
- An Android phone or tablet that accepts OTG cables.
- A wireless Xbox 360 receiver (if using a wireless Xbox 360 controller).
How to link Android smartphones to Xbox wired controllers?
- Join your Android smartphone to your OTG cable.
- Attach your controller to the OTG cable’s free USB port. The wireless receiver for the Xbox 360 controller may also be connected via an OTG connection.
- Start applying it to your preferred video games!
Games that support wireless controllers seem to be less plentiful than games that normally support connected controllers.
Additionally, most games won’t allow you to map buttons while using Xbox 360 controllers, so you’re forced to use the game’s default button arrangement.
How should I set up my Android mobile with an Xbox controller?
Any Xbox controller is simple to use with an Android smartphone. The ideal alternative would be to get a version with a Bluetooth connection, as it would make connecting to your smartphone simpler and eliminate the need for cumbersome wires.
But you’ll probably spend less money if you use a cabled controller. It could be a better choice for individuals who don’t game as much.
Purchase a mount for gaming to enhance your experience.
The primary problem with playing games on your smartphone is that it takes two hands to use each of these mobile devices.
You could hold the controller while supporting your phone, but a mount is an ideal method to play mobile games with a physical controller. Let’s discuss a few of our favorites.
For Xbox controllers, the top phone mounts are…
- PowerA Moga Mobile Gaming Clip: PowerA has established a reputation in the market for gaming accessories, and this clip is unquestionably among the finest available. Your smartphones and controllers with a width of up to 3.12 inches may fit inside. It is also extremely reasonably priced.
- OtterBox Mobile Gaming Clip: You’re likely familiar with OtterBox. The business manufactures incredible batteries and casings. A premium, foldable, and even detachable design is offered by its gaming clip. It functions both as a mount and a stand. However, this degree of expertise comes at a price.
- 8Bitdo Mobile Gaming Clip: 8Bitdo is a well-known controller manufacturer, and we like the sturdy construction of their gaming mount. The device may be adjusted to various places and is partially made of metal pieces. Not to add that it’s a reasonably priced choice.
However, I hope that you already have known about how to use an Xbox controller with Android devices after reading this full guide. Now, it’s time to share your experience about how to use Xbox controller with android devices.
Recommended for you: